Margaret is a naturopath with more than 20 years experience in the prevention and treatment of health problems. She uses herbs, vitamins and minerals, dietary and lifestyle advice, functional pathology and other comprehensive screening tools, Oligoscan heavy metal testing, lymphatic drainage and iridology in her practise.
Margaret will draw on the following modalities to treat each patient:
- Margaret is trained to utilise screening tools to help recognise how different signs and symptoms may relate to your health status. She will provide you with an individualised report of findings. This is a clear overview of the results of your screening and the importance of these to your health. This screening is an optional tool which is often carried out at the initial appointment and at any time during the treatment. It allows you and your practitioner to see the positive effects that your diet, lifestyle and supplemental program is having on your health. Through this screening Margaret may be able to develop more effective health strategies tailor-made for you.
– Helps to determine the patient’s inherent weaknesses, personality traits and levels of toxicity.
- The use of herbs to treat organs and systems of the body which are found to be overloaded and where inherent weaknesses lie. Involves taking a small amount of a liquid herbal tincture with water or juice, or in cases where tinctures are inappropriate, tablets will be used. When used in the appropriate doses and under a naturopath's direction, herbal medicine is extremely effective.
Vitamins and Minerals
- These days people are becoming more and more vitamin and mineral deficient and consequently, Margaret will often prescribe nutrients in tablet or powder form to correct imbalances. She will draw on Live Blood Analysis, Zinc tally a zinc screening test performed on all patients, the patients symptom picture which points to deficiencies, physical observations such as the nails and her years of experience to decide on which nutrients are required and at what dosage. She endeavours to keep supplements to a minimum and to choose only the most important supplements so that the patient doesn't feel overburdened with the cost and also with the taking of too many supplements
Diet and lifestyle
– Margaret believes that diet and lifestyle are the most important factors in preventing and treating illnesses.
She follows a regime of healthy diet and exercise herself and so is recommending protocols that she believes in and practices. Sometimes a specific diet needs to be followed eg detox diet, liver cleansing diet, gluten free diet or avoiding preservatives in a child with excema. She will specify the amount of time the diet needs to be followed for and you will be given an instruction sheet to follow. Many people just need general advice about diet and she readily gives out information sheets.
–Pathology tests such as hair analysis, genetic testing, functional liver detoxification tests, homocysteine, hormonal tests, stool tests and many other functional and general pathology tests will be ordered by Margaret and called upon as necessary as part of diagnosis and preventative care.
Oligoscan - cutting edge heavy metal and mineral testing
–The Oligoscan makes, in real time, a precise analysis of the minerals in the skin and peripheral blood vessels. No biopsy, blood or hair sample is needed. Oligoscan uses Spectrophotometry to measure the optical density of the trace elements, minerals and heavy metals, currently present in the tissues. The scan takes just a few minutes and is another valuable tool that Margaret offers as part of her unique blend.
– A gentle form of massage which will be used when the lymphatic system is overloaded and congested. There is an immediate feeling of well being after the treatment and it often results in the removal of toxins from the body. Margaret’s lymphatic drainage is renowned and draws on many years of practical experience.
– A gentle technique which helps to clean the ear and remove lymphatic congestion caused by blockages in the ear. Margaret has been practicing ear candling for 17 years and has kept using it because she finds it so successful. She uses a medical otiscope to check exactly what is going on in the ear and is very careful in how she performs the technique.
will be drawn upon when necessary to deal with emotional imbalances and nutritional supplements
such as Spirulina, Lecithin and Flax Oil will be spoken about as Margaret believes that making changes through nutrition is the most self-empowering way to keep your body healthy in the long term.
Appointments with Margaret can be booked online at:
Bachelor of Health Science - Naturopathy
Diploma of Applied Science - Naturopathy
Certificate of Relaxation Massage